Title: European Marine Observation and Data network
Description: The specific objectives of EMODNET Chemistry 2 are to:
- assemble existing data from public and private organisations relating to the state of sea basins; processing them into interoperable formats which includes agreed standards, common baselines or reference conditions; assessments of their accuracy and precision and creating data products as defined in this tender;
- develop, test, operate and maintain a portal allowing public access and viewing of data, metadata and data products as below
- monitor and report on the effectiveness of the system in meeting the needs of users in terms of ease and speed of use, quality of information and fitness for purpose of the data and products delivered;
- analyse what further steps need to be taken to improve the accuracy, precision, coverage and ease of use of the data
- keep the portal operational and be prepared to transfer to the Commission or to a party designated by the Commission.
Duration: June 2013 – May 2016