MEDSLIK search and rescue model contains the following additional features:
- The inclusion of built-in database with different track coefficients floating objects types, based on the guidelines of IAMSAR.
- The switching from coarse to high resolution ocean forecasting data, when the floating object passes from a coarse to a higher resolution domain.
- The capability to simulate several floating objects in a given radius.
- The capability to simulate several floating objects in different locations
- The continuous or instantaneous floating objects prediction from moving or drifting ships
- The backward simulations for tracking the source of floating objects.
- The integration with the AIS data, upon the availability of AIS data.
- The capability to insert and access resources of interest along the coast and offshore.
- The MEDSLIK search and rescue model can be used for any user-selected region in the world, if the appropriate coastline, bathymetry and meteo-ocean forecast files are provided.